Why buy a new Fuji X lens, when you can buy an equivalent fixed lens body for less?

Started Jul 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
cosmonaut
Senior MemberPosts: 1,863Gear list
Like?
Re: Why buy a new Fuji X lens, when you can buy an equivalent fixed lens body for less?
In reply to Fenwoodian, Jul 24, 2013

Fenwoodian wrote:

Own a Fuji XE-1. My widest lens is my Fuji 35mm. I've wanted a wider lens for some time now.

I've decided to buy the new Ricoh GR for my wide angle work, rather than a wide Fuji lens. My preferred angle of view is a 28mm lens on 35mm full frame. The Fuji 18mm is not their strongest lens and I don't like pancake lenses.

I was intending to buy the Fuji 23mm f/1.4 lens (35mm equivalent), but the Ricoh GR with 28mm equivalent lens is getting terrific ratings from the reviewers, and it costs less than what I expected the Fuji 23mm lens will cost when it comes out!

Now I'm getting my wide angle capability and a back up body! The only down side is now I'll need to buy some extra Ricoh batteries and other accessories.

What do you think of this plan????

I see where you are coming from. I went full frame a couple of years back and the biggest draw back was the expense of a tele zoom for wildlife. So I picked up the OMD E-M5 and 75-300mm, which has the x2 crop factor, for less than the price of the Sony 70-400mm. Plus I gained 200mm.

With that I still prefer my a99 for everything else.

-- hide signature --

www.gregmccary.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow