Problem With MS Outlook 2007

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
John Rushton
Regular MemberPosts: 356
Like?
Re: repair the pst file
In reply to digitalshooter, Jul 24, 2013

Hi Digitalshooter,

Thank you for your time and guidance. It is much appreciated.

Outlook would not open when depressing the Ctrl key and clicking on Outlook for the original reason, i.e. the file was in use by another program.

I ran the windows search facility and found that I had two Outlook.pst files, one of which was an old backup file in a different folder on the C Drive and which my previous Scanpst repair efforts seem to have been directed at. I normally backup to a separate drive but for some unknown reason the old backup file had been saved on C.

So, I ran the Scanpst repair file on the correct Outlook.pst file, which effected a repair. I re-booted and opened Outlook, which worked correctly.

It seems that my operating Outlook.pst file had developed some fault and had not been repaired by my previous efforts because those efforts had been directed at an old backup file instead of the operating file.  I shall delete the old backup file.

Thanks to all who tried to help, especially Digitalshooter who guided me in the right direction.

John

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow