sony a57 vs nikon d7000

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Haps18
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: sony a57 vs nikon d7000
In reply to EarthQuake, 9 months ago

Yeah, I'm thinking the 7000 will satisfy me longer and I feel I can't go wrong with it.  I think the deal of the a57 is really a deal, but I was hoping to get a little more.  It's just hard at that price to throw it out.  Back to the Nikon, the camera store was swaying me to get the Tamron 18-270 over the kit for about $200 extra.  I know it would cover a larger range and would be very convenient, but probably with less quality photos over some other options.  He said it was better than the kit.  Not sure if that is correct, but kit lenses are usually fair I know.  I was trying not to go over about $1300.  Is there a lens you would recommend so I'm not investing in "ok lenses" again, but not breaking the bank.  I know the 16-85 I see recommended a lot, but I would only be able to go with that option if I bought a refurbished lens and camera.  That would make my investment back to about $1300.  Never bought refurbished and am scared because of no 1 year warranty.  Suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow