600RT Flash bug in new Canon 5DIII firmware.

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
MASTERPPA
Contributing MemberPosts: 855
Like?
Re: 600RT Flash bug in new Canon 5DIII firmware.
In reply to Rafael Fischer, Jul 24, 2013

Yes, that is what I have seen.  Their is a bug in he new firmware for sure.  Some strange interaction between the 5D3 and 600RT

Rafael Fischer wrote:

Last weekend i went to a external photoshoot, so, i made a lot of tests and variations and in fact, the problem only occurs when using a 600RT on camera and IR on, with IR off and using a ST-E3-RT, the issu doesn´t appears at all...

MASTERPPA wrote:

Ok, I think this is more proof something is wrong, somewhere. Can you msg me your email or something AND/OR email/call canon..

Wafin wrote:

Hello,

I can say that this is an issue for me but I'm also using a yongnuo 622c flash trigger and with the ir turned on a lot of my shots the flash won't fire.

Turning off the IR allows them to function fine.

I was mainly testing this using a photobooth software and trying to remote trigger the flashes instead of running cables everywhere.

I only have 2 600ex-rt flashes so I used 3 of the yongnuo 622c flash triggers and got those to fire through the photobooth software but only after I disabled the IR focus assist beam.

I'm hoping something will get fixed soon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow