the D4x is coming.

Started Jul 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,506Gear list
Like?
Re: curious what would it offer over D800
In reply to Josh152, Jul 24, 2013

Call it what you will. No biggie. But it will be designed as a "better" D4. And yes, serious sports shooters want more than the D4 - at least the ones I know. You know any, personally? Keep laughing . . . and get ready to pay some serious $$$$ if you want one. Like I said . . . oh, never mind.

Josh152 wrote:

Steve Bingham wrote:

Mp isn't everything. Dynamic range, fps, and less noise at high ISO are extremely important to serious PJ and sports shooters. This will NOT be an mp race.

CFynn wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

I highly doubt more pixels.

There are rumors that Canon is currently testing a high resolution 75MP Canon pro body DSLR camera that will be announced later this year. If these rumours are true, it seems likely that the D4x would have at least 50mp

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

LOL serious PJ and sports shooters already have the D4 and 1DX that does all that. Nikon and Canon are not going to make another model that does the same thing to sell along side it. Further as has already been pointed out to you Nikon has always made the single digit X cameras for the high res shooters not the sports guys. There is no way the D4X is going to be anything other than the full, integrated grip, pro bodied High megapixel studio/landscape camera if it exists. That is the only spot in the line up that still hasn't been replaced with a new model. The D4X will be the replacement for the D3X not the D4 or D3S as that would make absolutely no sense what so ever.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D4xNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow