Started Jul 24, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Haps18
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
sony a57 vs nikon d7000
Jul 24, 2013

I went to a local store to look again at the Nikon D7000, which I was seriously planning on purchasing this week for $1099 (with current rebates) for body & kit lens (although thinking on getting Tamron 18-270 $400ish instead).  I would not be able to afford the flash yet (maybe around holidays).  Anyway, I happened to see an open box Sony alpha 57 with kit lens for $350 (no box or accessories included) & last one left around.  My dilemma is that I am replacing my old Minolta 7D and have 3 ok lenses, flash, & filters already that I am told can be used on the Sony.  I don't see much about the Sony and plan on keeping this for years.  I feel deep down the Nikon is a better camera, but not sure with the price difference.  Can anyone help shed some light so I don't make a regretful decision.

Nikon $900 body, Tamron 18-270 lens $420, nothing else yet, but maybe for Christmas would get 700 flash & 50mm lens

Sony $350 with kit lens 18-55, Minolta 28-100 lens (own), Tamron 70-300 (own), & Minolta 3600hs flash (own), along with a lensbaby, & couple of filters

$1320 or $350?  Sony seems like no-brainer, but I kept my Minolta for about 10 years and don't want a dud for the next  10 years!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow