brownie314
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?
Re: +1
In reply to marike6, 9 months ago

marike6 wrote:

Midwest wrote:

justmeMN wrote:

I don't have one (yet) , but the Canon SL1 / 100D is interesting - real DSLR performance in a smaller package.

I wonder if that will become the new "standard size" for lower-end DSLRs.

Only for those who want a smaller camera. Not everyone does. I can't figure why people who don't use DSLR's are so sure most of us want them to be smaller.

Totally agree. It's like the DPR mirrorless crowd have rendered a verdict that cameras must be small, when in fact in many ways shrinking a camera can negatively impact usability and ergonomics for most adults with normal sized hands.

I did happen to check out the Canon SL1 / 100D the other day at Costco, and it's quite nice provided you mount a small prime or variable aperture zoom. Any large aperture zoom however is going to balance extremely poorly on it. And the small, flat grip may make it smaller, but it actually makes handling worse than a camera with a normal sized grip. And for what? So that it's easier to transport? So that your bag is a bit smaller? So an SL1 or small mirrorless camera user is essentially trading usability for portability.

Yes, this is right.  I have a J1 and D7000.  The J1 is nice to put in my pocket.  But if I am doing anything more than just snapping fun pics, I want the deep grip and nice ergonomics of my D7000.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow