Started Jul 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
edu T
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093Gear list
Like?
G15: Isn't it time for a 1.1 firmware?
Jul 24, 2013

For corrections, comments, and additions, here’s one cursory wishlist…

1 Raw + "Custom JPEG" enabled

That is, allowing for I-contrast, MyColors, etc. on the JPEG side. (After all, WB fine tuning is enabled anyway.)

2 Hand-held HDR

What would be needed is just an aligning algorithm... But wait, it’s already there! (for the "Handheld NightScene" mode.)

3 Movie button can be re-purposed as a 2nd shortcut button.

For example, it would make for a pretty handy AF-lock button, right above the dedicated AE-lock button. (In this case you could spare the original "S" button for, say, drive mode or white balance.) Of course it would duly default to movie when the mode dial is set to video shooting.

4 AE-lock beep volume under control

If I can set independently the volume of the start-up sound, how come the only way to lower the audible AE-lock signal is fully muting all of the sounds?

5 B-time value available

There is already a shutter release jack from which a second actuation could close the shutter.

6 Program shift assignable to the front dial

This is a bit subtle and/or personal. Even though the control dials are quite customizable, I’ve found out that the one combination that to me would be most handy and consistent throughout modes is plainly impossible. (To wit: under Tv and Av respectively, shutter speed and aperture set by the front dial, as it’s the most proeminent and haptic control point; under P mode, program shift up there as well, for the very same reason.)

7 A simple interval timer

In addition to the already well implemented self-timer, it would be convenient to be able to set an interval between the N shots.

8 "FREE THE ISO NOW!"

For exposures longer than 1 sec. (Last but not least...)

-- hide signature --

PS: I’m aware CHDK deals with a few of the items above and much more, but I reckon this list is not really about adding features and more about simple or trivial revisions/improvements that might well be set in firmware to begin with.

Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow