Does the Epson R3000 reset program reset waste ink pad counter?

Started Jul 24, 2013 | Questions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,330
Like?
Re: Does the Epson R3000 reset program reset waste ink pad counter?
In reply to 3LX, Jul 24, 2013

3LX wrote:

I'm not sure if it's worth buying the reset program for the R3000 when I need to reset the waste ink counter or just stick with the WiC reset program and buy reset keys as and when needed.

-- hide signature --

What's in a photographer's mind is more important than what's in his camera bag.

Before you even think of this, have you installed an external waste ink bottle????
The reason I ask is that if you are getting the message that parts are reaching the end of their life, your waste pads are probably already soaked. If the printer is still new, then you can use the WIC tool and buy a serial # to reset both counters back to zero. Each time you reset you need a new serial.

You can also buy and adjustment program which does a lot more that reset the counters. You need to really know what you are doing or you can actually do irreversible damage to the EEPRON chip.

This also sells for about $7 plus shipping and I only know of one person in the UK who will sell you the application on CD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EPSON-Stylus-Photo-R3000-Waste-Ink-Pad-Service-Reset-CD-/160705314030?pt=US_Cleaning_Repair_Kits&hash=item256ac87cee

The advantage is that it can be used for an indefinite number of times. No serial key is required.

The WIC is the safest for you.

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow