Started Jul 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonathan Brady
Senior MemberPosts: 1,725Gear list
Like?
In retrospect - price of M
Jul 24, 2013

I'm seeing a LOT of very happy customers who bought the M at 300/350, and I'm one of 'em! What I'm curious to know is, now that you own it, have tested it out, played with it, etc, would you have been willing to pay more for it? What about future purchases like a M2? Additional lenses? Flash (especially a compact flash like the EX90 that's bounceable)?

Personally, I wasn't in the market for a new camera but couldn't pass up the deal on the 22mm pancake. So, I would be unlikely to have purchased it at a higher price, even with the very positive experience I've had.

However, I would definitely consider an M with the 70D sensor and AF abilities as well as a bounce flash. If the two came as a kit, I'd pay as much as $850 - ish (so I'd probably not end up as an early adopter as I see it being priced higher). The only lens I might consider in addition to the 22 (the adapter is on its way and I have the 40 STM, 60mm macro, 15-85 and 55-250) would be the 18-55 (for my wife) and maybe a native 60mm macro.

So, what about you?

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +12 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow