Senior MemberPosts: 1,196
Like?
Re: First results with Pentax SMC K 135mm f2.5
In reply to miles green, Jul 24, 2013

miles green wrote:

kitsios_spyros wrote:

I finally got it.

Excellent! Με γειά!

Love at first sight kind of feeling. Beautifully built and in a great condition, although later on I'll ask a question about the apperture blade movement from other owners of the lens.

I've found that old lens that haven't been used for a while can have sticky or slow aperture blades. My Sigma 400 had that problem. With use, it has become much better. Actuating the DOF preview a few times when mounting the lens will also help loosening the aperture blades.

At the moment I find that on K-01 it balances much better than what I thought before buying it and of course focus peaking is of great help. My first impression is that wide open is not very sharp but the bokeh, which was what I was looking for anyway, is buttery smooth. By f4 is sharpens nicely and the OOF areas are not bad either. Only issue is the 1.5m minimum focusing distance. I tried to overcome this with the use of the Raynox 150 close up filter. Playing with this combination in the garden I got some shoots with razor thin DOF when wide open both at the MFD and at infinity setting of the lens.

Then, trying to close the aperture I got this one

K135SMC f2.5 + Raynos 150 on K-01

The light was very harsh so I did not expect much, but the result is very representative of the lens's character.

Kind Regards,

Spyros

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

Hi Miles. Thanks for the comment and the tip!

Kind Regards,

Spyros

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow