Any mft's shooters thinking of jumping ship for FF nex

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,718Gear list
Like?
Re: Realising when it's time to move on.....
In reply to Guy Parsons, Jul 24, 2013

Guy Parsons wrote:

captura wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

Guy Parsons wrote:

No never.

I'm welded to Oly for bodies as I like the way they work and can be configured. Nice and small system and works well enough for me (E-PL5 and some lenses).

And that loyalty despite the regular 3 monthy rumours of Olympus's demise that have popped up for the last 10 years.

Regards...... Guy

I would not weld myself to brand. I am quite sure that Olympus can't survive as an independent camera manufacturer. Within 10 years we'll Olympus' camera division to merge with a larger competitor, however, the brand name will stay.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

Roger Cicala just posted a lengthy opinion piece saying, amongst other things, that he expected the demise of m43.

That's one good reason to buy a complete system now and keep using it until hopelessly outdated by performance or whatever, or it dies and no repairs can be done.

If in the meantime Olympus dies (as predicted regularly over and over for 10 years) then when I need something new I will consider what is available in whatever brand makes the system that I like. No shedding tears, just move on.

Maybe in future someone will make an M4/3 sized package that contains a full frame sensor and has reasonable size and weight lenses and with a global shutter, then I would be very very interested.

Regards...... Guy

Like the E-PL1.

Steve.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
sizeNew
No.New
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow