Nikon 10-22mm f3.5-56 or Tokina 11-16mm f2.8?

Started Jul 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hisma
Regular MemberPosts: 154
Like?
Re: Nikon 10-22mm f3.5-56 or Tokina 11-16mm f2.8?
In reply to Smiller4128, Jul 24, 2013

Smiller4128 wrote:

Trying to decide on which wide angle lens is better? I have a 16-85mm right now that I absolutely love. But was looking for a wider angle lens for landscapes, architectural shots,and to take to the aquarium with me. Which would be the better choice in your opinion?

what camera do you have? If you have a d7x00 with a built-in focus motor, you could get the older tokina 11-16mm for around $550, which is an excellent deal for a WA of that quality, in my opinion, especially if you plan to use it for indoor shots (there is a lot of complaints about the flare, which seems to be the most universally negative issue with this lens).

I have a d7100 and the older 11-16mm. I have been pleased with the results I will leave the disclaimer that I am a newb (since it probably shows in my photos), but I took some real estate shots inside my house recently, so I could list my property on a real estate web site.

Both I and the real estate agent were pleased with the results, given my level of experience. I used f/5.6, a tripod and shot between 11 and 14mm.

14mm?

11mm

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow