Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,407Gear list
Like?
Re: More on WEX service
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, Jul 24, 2013

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

Summing up knowing about legal rights and talking to the right person (WEX not Nikon) in the right way usually gets a good outcome. "Sounding off" on forums gets nowhere, other than indicating a UK owner buying in the UK has not taken the right steps to get a problem resolved.

On the contrary. It serves as a warning to others to do things the right way in the first place (learn from other's mistakes) and avoid retailers and manufacturers who consistently have problems.

If not for the forums issues like backfocus on certain models, dust and oil problems with others, incompatibility with 3rd party gear etc. would not be well known outside of those few who work in the camera industry. This is exactly how it was before bulletin boards and the Internet.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow