ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MGAllen
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Dell XPS 8500 - problem running dual monitors on Radeon HD 7570
Jul 24, 2013

Hi All,

I have a Dell XPS 8500  - I have enabled intel multi display in the bios. The AMD Radeon HD 7570 has only two output ports, DVI-D and HDMI. I am running monitor 1 correctly via DVI-D(monitor) to DVI-D(Radeon board).  I would like to run my 2nd monitor via DVI-D (monitor) to the board's HDMI connection and have the cable to do so. Both monitors are recognized upon boot up and I have a dual display, but then Monitor 2 is seems to be recognized as VGA (with no display on the monitor's screen) upon complete boot into windows 7, see picture at this link: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19517255.aspx . If I remove monitor 1 and only boot up with Monitor 2 connected, windows does not recognize the monitor and I have a blank screen. I have tried another cable (dvi-d to hdmi) and the results are the same. What else can I do to trouble shoot this problem and determine why Windows is not recognizing the second monitor as a digital display? FWIW the 2nd monitor is a dell 2007WFP and the monitor is set utilize the DVI-d connection and goes into power save when Windows is completely booted up. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Morgan

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow