Started Jul 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Todd3608
Contributing MemberPosts: 708
Like?
Tired of everyone assuming the A57 is better than the A58
Jul 24, 2013

I admit it is easy to assume that the A57 is better than the A58 based on specs. And for some I admit the A57 might be the better camera. However, don't bash the A58 until you have tried it.

I owned the A57 for over 6 months and used it extensively. I liked it but was never thrilled with Sony's JPEG engine. I never liked the viewfinder much either.

I almost never ordered the A58 due to all the negativity around here when it was first released. I am glad I went with my gut and ordered one. The viewfinder is AWESOME! I use it all the time now. Sony finally has improved its JPEG engine. Maybe partnering with Olympus has helped but the difference is obvious, at least for me it is. I have owned many Sony DSLR style cameras (A200, A380 , A580, A55, A57 and A58) and the A58 is my favorite yet. You know I never even notice the plastic lens mount that everyone likes to complaint about. I am too busy taking pictures to notice. The quiet shutter is nice too.

I will beg to differ from most around here and recommend that people at least consider the A58 when considering the A57. You might end up surprised like I was.

Sony Alpha DSLR-A380 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow