First Studio Shoot (Looking for Honest C&C so feel free to tear me apart on this one)

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
davidrestes
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
Re: First Studio Shoot (Looking for Honest C&C so feel free to tear me apart on this one)
In reply to Albino_BlacMan, Jul 23, 2013

Studio work can be so much fun. I'd like to address 1, 2 and 5. In these you can see catch-lights in her eyes. There are a couple of things wrong (in my opinion, you're mileage may vary). I hate to see two or more catch-lights, always looks unnatural to me. We only have one sun so only one source of light, so that's what looks natural. and the big softbox that it looks like you were using to the models right (photographer left) is just creating way too large a catch-light, making the pupils wash out and look strange. So something to work on. You say its your first, so I'm sure you'll be better in no time.

To be fair, since I criticized your lighting, I'm link to a photo from my first studio shoot. I was lucky to have a very old hand at studio setups to help me. I'd never have gotten this with out help.

David

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9858870547/photos/2055783/img_2988-001

This setup had at least main light, a background light and a reflector. (been a while so I don't recall the setup exactly)

For some unknown reason every time I tried to insert an image from the gallery I got an error message.

davidrestes's gear list:davidrestes's gear list
Canon EOS 6D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow