Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,969Gear list
Like?
Re: We are fortunate to have a selection of sizes, prices, and types
In reply to zackiedawg, Jul 23, 2013

zackiedawg wrote:

lbj1891 wrote:

But, does anyone actually like the weight and solid feel of their DSLR? I do.

Indeed, I do like the size and weight of my DSLR...I find it to be an excellent tool and properly ergonomic for certain types of shooting and paired with certain lenses, better so than my mirrorless or P&S cameras.

However, like a few above alluded to, having a choice of sizes is still the best overall solution - both for me since I like to have multiple cameras, and for the wider marketplace where any given person's definitions of 'too big', 'too small', 'too expensive', etc is completely different from another. The only situation I can think of that would be a nightmare is for the camera marketplace to shrink down to just a single size and shape being available for everyone.

But until recently, if you wanted a sensor larger than 1/1.7", you had to get something like a DSLR, or at least in that size and shape.  So, some of us were living the nightmare, if you want to call it that, of not having what we wanted.  Perhaps technology needed to catch up a bit, but I wanted something closer to non-DSLR film cameras, but a better sensor than what I usually ended up with.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow