Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,900Gear list
Like?
I had the same issues with Nikon NPS
In reply to cerberusjf, Jul 23, 2013

Greetings

I had the same issues with Nikon NPS here in the USA.  I'm on Nikons NPS program and the service over the years has been wonderful one of the main reasons I stayed with Nikon.  Anyway I sent in a D7000 to be repaired after it fell 8 feet on to concrete and ripped off the top cover and flash, it destroyed the lens, a $2500.00 USD lens gone in a flash  So Nikon quoted me a price for the repairs and I said ok and to go ahead and make the repairs.  Also it took them 7 days to log this camera in after they received it and 14 days to repair the item and this is on the NPS program which has a turn around time of 48 hours, but in this case sense the camera was so heavily damaged I didn't care.  So I get the camera use it for 6 days and it dies,..... so back to Nikon NPS it goes this time they repair the camera again and it's working, but all my lenses are back focusing so I called NPS and they wanted me to send images of the back focusing issues, that was 3 months ago I can't stop/don't have time to mess with this right now but will get to it soon, hopefully.  Now my D800E and the focusing issues is a different story and the D600 with the dirty sensor is making me wonder about Nikon.  I know they changed their service here in the USA so we'll see.  I'm on the fence as to weather or not to stay with Nikon or jump ship?????  I never had an issue till now, the service was great and prices fair.  I have 20 D2xs with shutter counts from 49,000 to 325,890 that need service and some repairs, if it takes longer than 48 hours I'll be looking around.......well maybe.  Nikon says that they'll clean the D600 4 times for free after that it's $90.00 USD for each cleaning.  I think not,....... for a new camera under warranty.

Good luck

Regards

Roger J.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow