Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
cerberusjf
Regular MemberPosts: 289
Like?
Re: Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2
In reply to BirgerH, 9 months ago

BirgerH wrote:

To me - it is your vendor having customer hostillity (as some has called it in the other thread) by not replacing - and not Nikon.

And I know - I've been in that buissiness - as vendor - not photography but office machines.

Then back to US - seems like over there it is the manufactorer having the responsability to a deal between a customer and a vendor. Strange to me - but if they like it that way - then ok.

BirgerH.

I can see your point and agree that the vendor should have offered a replacement or a refund and they are responsible for creating the situation in the first place. I do blame them more than I did before.

But the camera did come with a manufacturer’s warranty which should have covered a repair due to “improper material or workmanship”. The fact that the workshop Nikon use did not did such a poor job (not once, but almost every time) gives me no hope of getting any Nikon equipment repaired.

The company that let me down time and again was Nikon, so although the vendor put me in the position of depending on Nikon, it was Nikon who are responsible for my dissatisfaction.

My only other experience with a camera having a fault within the warranty period was with my Samsung EX1. Samsung returned my camera within a week with an invoice stating what they had done and the work covered by the warranty. I didn’t contact the vendor in this case, I just followed the instructions for a warranty repair.

Dealing with Nikon forced me to find out my consumer rights, so I suppose I can be grateful for that.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow