Started Jul 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
retro76
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
From OMD and Canon 60D to NEX
Jul 23, 2013

Recently I acquired a Sony NEX 3N.  I previously owned an Olympus OMD EM5 and Canon 60D DSLR.  I have to admit I had low expectations of this camera, but in terms of image quality it easily bests both the OMD and Canon 60D.   I was never fond of the OMD.  I tried very hard to love the OMD , but the image quality was never strong a point (even though many reviews state otherwise).  I found the OMD files a bit limited in dynamic range with a very flat feeling (due to the smaller sensor) - images always seemed very P&S for me.  The 60D is a fantastic camera and I have nothing but praise for it, sans the dynamic range and high ISO performance and I have always longed for something smaller, but I did't want to give up sensor size as part of the compromise after owning the OMD.   The 3N while being a very entry level camera delivers really stunning IQ, very film like.  The dynamic range is amazing and I have to admit Sony Color is the best I have ever seen OOC - in fact I really think the skin tones from this system far exceed anything I have seen (and I have owned/used Fuji, Nikon, Canon, and Olympus over the years).   So now that I have tasted what the NEX system offers (IMHO the best image quality on the market sans FF), I am thinking of sending the 3N back for the NEX 6.  Features aside will the IQ be as good if not better ?

Canon EOS 60D Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow