Imaging Resource reviews XZ-2

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,510Gear list
Like?
Re: I suggest you pause and think this over.
In reply to Aaron Sur, Jul 23, 2013

Aaron Sur wrote:

The argument about inability to acquire a camera  from a manufacturer really does not stand , especially when the camera is readily available on the open market for several months. Go and buy one or is the website a backyard operation with insufficent funds to afford such a purchase.

Classic case of this is the Olympus EPL-5 , a good camera which has had a preview up for quite a while now and is great value at the price. For God's sake if DPR finds it that hard to get hold of a camera ask it's forum members to loan one if need be

I think you are being very diplomatic here, probably tracking software of some sort looks at the interest in particular models and some gentle lets call it "nudging" from manufacturers helps the decision in posting of reviews.

BTW you have some fantastic images on your website, well worth a look !

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thanks btw on the image comment.

Back to the cameras and manufacuters... theres more to it that meets the eye, more detail than my generalization of the problem. One example: Sometimes manufacturers tell you a camera is coming and it gets delayed, so you hold off on one project for it, then it doesnt come. And you are forced to start the one you held off on...

If cameras come in free, why buy one?

And lets not get into the complication of pre-production cameras a lot of reviews are based on. Sometimes you get halfway through a review only to discover that you can't share images even though you were told you could, or a camera has a flaw that will be fixed with firmware, or  or or ...

I'm telling you, there is always a good reason for a delay as unfortunate as it is. Buying a camera only solves one of a myriad of issues that do come up, thats just the way of a reviewers life. You'll just need to do it yourself or trust me here, either way I'm confident you'll come up with the same conclusion or issues we do when writing reviews.

Carl

-- hide signature --

http://www.photographic-central.blogspot.com (Gear reviews)
http://www.carlgarrard.blogspot.com/ (Best work compilation)
Also formerly AlphaMountWorld.com (Now off the web)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow