Started Jul 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bryanchicken
Regular MemberPosts: 309
Like?
How often do you change lenses?
Jul 23, 2013

As anyone who has read my posts will know i'm still very much a novice. My E-PL1 is the only ILC i have ever owned. I love the IQ and the versatility it gives me, but i dislike changing lenses, and i find it do it quite often.
That might be because i'm a novice and i'm going about my photo opportunities all wrong, i'm sure i'll improve.

But i thought i'd ask, how often do you tend to change lenses? Multiple times per outing? Do you just take one lens per outing based on what you are doing? Do you have a do-it-all walkabout lens for when you are not sure what you will encounter?

My current lens line-up consists of the 14/2.5, 14-42 kit, 40-150 Oly but part of me is tempted into a change to something like:
14-150 Oly - for walking around (despite its bigger-than-a-prime/pancake size). I find i often switch between the 14 and the 40-150 when out with the camera.
14/2.5 (or even a faster wide) for landscapes and nights out/meals/group shots
45/1.8 - for when i know it will mostly involve people (eg, casual wedding shots).

Just after a straw-poll on what you use most the time, how often you change and how many you carry (in general).

Cheers.

Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow