Thieves in St. Petersburg stealing a camera lens from a tourist Locked

Started Jul 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
MisterHairy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,188Gear list
Re: Thieves in St. Petersburg stealing a camera lens from a tourist
In reply to ranalli, Jul 23, 2013

No. My agenda is quite simple. Well, I thought it was, but clearly, I need to spell it out for you. My agenda is to react to the ignorant notion, held by a minority of people, that everywhere outside of the US is a den of thieves and that somehow, the answer to that is to go out armed to the teeth.

However, I am not in any way saying that there is no crime outside of the US. Quite on the contrary. There are some highly motivated and organised gangs, managed by equally highly motivated, organised and well armed east European/Russian drug and prostitution rings. They are spreading through the EU like a plague and they need to be stopped. Sadly, they are well connected, so wiping them out is not a trivial task.

Waving a gun at these gangs is not going to do you any favours. It will get you dead or imprisoned. End of.

What we do not want, over here in Europe, is any more guns on the streets. Please leave your guns at home when crossing the Atlantic. If you have to shoot someone, please stick to your own side of the pond. Thank you.

MisterHairy's gear list:MisterHairy's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800E Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +11 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow