Complaints About DSLR Size

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
trac63
Contributing MemberPosts: 566
Like?
Re: Complaints About DSLR Size
In reply to lbj1891, Jul 23, 2013

lbj1891 wrote:

So I just had a conversation with my buddy about cameras. He told me while he likes the image quality and versatility of DSLRs, he dislikes the weight and size that comes along with it. Long story short, he is replacing the DSLR which was stolen from him with one of the Canon Powershots. I respect and understand his perspective, so note that this thread is not intended to be an argument about DSLR vs. Mirrorless or anything silly like that. But, does anyone actually like the weight and solid feel of their DSLR? I do.

Portability and stealth can be all-important in a lot of situations, but for general-purpose shooting smaller is better only up to a point. Once you get smaller than a mid-size DSLR, then smaller and lighter starts to cut into overall handling. The manufacturer starts having to remove buttons, dials and switches or he has to make them too small and too close together.

I also believe that a big part of the "DSLRs are too heavy" nonsense has to do with the crappy neck straps that ship with your average DSLR. A good $75 shoulder strap will go a long way toward solving the weight issue for most people.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow