Complaints About DSLR Size

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chris Lofty
Regular MemberPosts: 249Gear list
Like?
Re: Complaints About DSLR Size
In reply to lbj1891, Jul 23, 2013

I've just about found the perfect compromise for me, the Canon SL1 with 18-55 is STM Lens!

I've been lugging round my 50D for years whilst hiking and cycling! My aging back is now making this a real chore.

When the Canon G1X arrived I thought it would be the ideal compromise between portability and IQ! The IQ was outstanding, but I could never get on with the near useless viewfinder and the handling, then along came the SL1!

I've been using the SL1 & 18-55 IS STM for 3 weeks now, and am totally bowled over by the IQ, handling and light weight (compared with my other gear) I'm even using the touchscreen that I thought would be surplus to my requirements!

I will still keep my 50D and accompanying L glass, but it will now only be used for special occasions. The portability of the SL1 means it can be with me most of the time and still give me acceptable results for microstock.

-- hide signature --
 Chris Lofty's gear list:Chris Lofty's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow