600RT Flash bug in new Canon 5DIII firmware.

Started May 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
MASTERPPA
Contributing MemberPosts: 863
Like?
Re: 600RT Flash bug in new Canon 5DIII firmware.
In reply to Zee Char, Jul 23, 2013

Ok, I have no found 5 people, without even looking, who have the same problem.  If anyone else seeing this issue with this exact combo and settings? A lot of people think its their batteries, but after some tests, find out its now. Something is wrong with some of the cameras, with the 600RT, new FW, IR turned on, etc..

Zee Char wrote:

MASTERPPA wrote:

Not sure, all I know if that with the 5D3 and the 600RT (I did not have radio mode on when the flash problems happened) But in very dark rooms with the IR on, the flash did not fire every time.. UGH

Infucus10 wrote:

I wonder if it has with your update to do?

I have a 40D. I know you can´t campare it to 5d III but when I tried to use radio transmitter on camera ( as master) and 600 RT as slave, i got messege: " error 99" and after som try to put off and on then camera refused to work. I took away battery grip and put a single battery in the camera without grip and it began working again.

It can be problem with 600 Rt interface with all bodies or it has some firmware bug not the 5D III

I'll have to test it this week. I have not heard from anyone at POTN.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow