Asked by the bride to photoshop former Communist Dictator into a photograph...

Started Jul 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,363
Like?
Re: Asked by the bride to photoshop former Communist Dictator into a photograph...
In reply to Evil Genius, Jul 23, 2013

Evil Genius wrote:

It's something that I could do technically but morally this is just wrong, what would you do in my place? Do I have a right to say no? Should I just photoshop one of the most evil men in history into the picture, a communist dictator when we know that communists killed even more people than the Nazis?

I'm glad to see morals come into the discussion. I wish there were more thinkers like this. But in the same breath, I don't regard the heads of our current govs and corporations exactly 'not killing many people' in the natural course of business.

How do I put this delicately without offending the slave taxpayers of nations, many of whom are perfectly decent people controlled by their nation's propaganda while paying dearly for the war machine and the handful of defense contractors that profit immensely from death & destruction?

I'll try to ease into it:

http://williamblum.org/

What's worse is it's happening today, right in front of our noses. And our taxes are being used to fund it (I indirectly pay for wars, without choice) while nations go bankrupt (you, your kids, their kids...enjoy paying the debt).

So a few wealthy corporations and politicians at the top can profit from the looting of nations, the death of millions (just in the last 10 years) while we are told it's all for anti-terror. Terrorism? Who are the terrorists again?

If you prefer more corporate talk, you can speak of the heads of Monsanto, and the death and destruction their vile geneticially modified seeds cause to nations and farmers and populations around the world. Coca-Cola. McDonald's. And on and on and on.

A very touchy subject.

I'm just trying to put the Stalin thing in context with reality of today. Would you feel better if Obama were up there? Any other politician? I wouldn't. Look up the NDAA and what it allows Obama to do, for starters. Look at the constant wars. How many nations is it now? For what? What about the good people's rights being eroded?

We should be looking well beyond politicians and start looking at who funds them; I have equal distates for all of them, so I don't take sides. To get anywhere in politics, you have to play the corrupt game. Most are funded by banking interests, as stands.

For further education, you can look up Prescott Bush's involvement with financing Nazis, if it helps put things in even more context. Who are the terrorists again? Those profiting from death & destruction while lying to us, and making us pay for their crimes, while taking away our rights. (yes, I'm a bitter taxpayer! As more should be...)

The ultimate decision, of course, is yours to make, and I admire that you are bothered enough by it that morals come into the argument. For most people, morals are the last thing on their mind (money is the true religion).

Just some more context for you.

The ultimate decision, of course, is yours. It would be best to communicate this to the client in the best way possible if you decide not to go ahead.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Hmm.New
yetNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow