Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 16,276
Like?
still works...
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Jul 23, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

The customer does not need to learn or know anything about the camera manufacture or retail business in order to expect working gear.

No need to at all. Knowing though has certain advantages.

Yes it does. But you can't expect everyone to know and you can't blame someone for not knowing an unpublished policy you have been told by word of mouth by contacts you trust but the OP doesn't know.

Now you know...and so do others. That was my only goal.

Now I know that the Nikon subsidiary and repair center you deal with claims this, but I can't get them to verify it in writing now can I? I appreciate you have informed us of your experience, but that isn't the point.

No matter, some will have a very different experience.  I wish them all the best. There will always be a few who just end up having  a bad go of things.  Luckily, stats are relatively low when you look at the raw numbers. Still works in our favor.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow