brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,325Gear list
Like?
Re: Complaints About DSLR Size
In reply to lbj1891, Jul 22, 2013

lbj1891 wrote:

gwlaw99 wrote:

lbj1891 wrote:

So I just had a conversation with my buddy about cameras. He told me while he likes the image quality and versatility of DSLRs, he dislikes the weight and size that comes along with it. Long story short, he is replacing the DSLR which was stolen from him with one of the Canon Powershots. I respect and understand his perspective, so note that this thread is not intended to be an argument about DSLR vs. Mirrorless or anything silly like that. But, does anyone actually like the weight and solid feel of their DSLR? I do.

You would think your friend would at least get a NEX 3N or RX100 instead of going to point and shoots.

I do like the ergonomics of a DSLR much more than other formats, but I really don't like the size.

I think the used powershot he just purchased was more in his price range. We are both poor college students.

That's inferring that someone would only buy a P&S if they were forced into it by economics, I recently bought a new superzoom for a holiday trip when i could have bought anything I wanted, how can you explain that.   The small camera performed incredibly well and I was very pleased with the set of photos, so much so that I now use this camera as my only carry around for everyday use.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
+1New
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow