Worthy successor for the Fujifilm FinePix F31fd?

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Questions thread
Shurato
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: Worthy successor for the Fujifilm FinePix F31fd?
In reply to ericN2, Jul 22, 2013

ericN2 wrote:

(...)
The RX-100 is not by any means a large camera but it is of course a bit larger than the Fuji 31 .. not THAT big and certainly I consider it still a very easily carried camera. First thing I did on the RX-100 was to put a Japan Hoby Tool 'skin' on it - makes the smooth surface very much nicer to hold .. I honestly have NO wish whatever for the Mk.II as I just do not see the true worth of it and I have no wish whatever for the odd tilt-type LCD which to me does nothing but add unnecessary extra thickness and that bit less carryability. The original Mk.1 I'd think must surely be a bit easier on the pocket now, if you can actually buy that.. and it IS a camera that IS better than the old F31 .. although I do find it is not the only one now. Maybe a different style and one that either 'fits' the need or not, for different peoiple.. but the Canon G15 is also indeed a superb compact in every way and again a superb buy at the price you can get that for..

Thanks for the in-depth answer, Eric. It seems indeed that the RX100 would be a good choice in terms of best combination of maximum pocketability and image quality. And I think I could get over the "only" 340 shots battery life...

On another note, I just saw the NEX-3N is being sold for really inexpensive in relation, read: currently approx. 100$ less (with kit lens (!!)) than the RX100 here.
Being the smallest APS-C camera as Sony is touting it, it surely is tempting. And a battery life of 480 (CIPA) sounds just excellent. I would think the "price to pay" comes with the more unpocketable ability; unless I would opt for a pancake lens and explore my photographic creativity with this...
...then again the pancake lens usually isn't available in a bundle - goodness, I rather keep it on the simple side then...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow