Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,408Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon no longer supplies 3rd party repairers
In reply to BirgerH, Jul 22, 2013

BirgerH wrote:

Sammy Yousef wrote:

BirgerH wrote:

Solving the OP's problem has nothing to do with Nikon.

That's mind boggling. How anyone can think a faulty camera and multiple repairs is not the fault of the manufacturer. Nikon attempted and failed to do the repair several times. Nikon do not allow 3rd parties to purchase parts from them anymore. Nikon also don't supply their service software to third parties. Therefore there is no one except Nikon that can do the repair whether parts are needed or firmware parameters need adjusting.

Now it may be true that the retailer is responsible and the buck stops with them to ensure the goods they sell work, but they can send the camera to the manufacturer for repair or have the buyer do so as an attempt to rectify the situation.

And thats exactly what WEX is trying to. In the very same moment you send a camera directly to a repairman or Company you are breaking the conditions for the sellers warranty, risking loosing the warranty. Therefor blame the right.

Once Again - Nikon has nothing to do with you buing a Nikon camera - the agrement is made to the reseller.

And Again - The OP's problems has nothing to do with Nikon. He has problems with WEX.

We're going in circles.

WEX can't fix the camera.

They can offer to send it to Nikon. Nikon's manufacturer warranty covers the product. Nikon is in fact responsible when they accept the warranty repair.

If Nikon can't do the job right the OP should go back to WEX. I would have done so sooner where he has agreed to have the camera repair or replaced again by the manufacturer.
The consumer being upset with both manufacturer and retailer in this circumstance is perfectly reasonable.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow