The LX2 - A camera before its time.

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
fPrime
Regular MemberPosts: 466Gear list
Like?
Re: The LX2 - A camera before its time.
In reply to John Miles, Jul 22, 2013

I recall the number one reason I looked at Panasonic as a brand leader in compact P&S cameras with RAW and manual controls was their unique approach with a 16:9 sensor on the LX2.  Because the LX3 was impending at the time I waited for its successor to launch before actually buying Panasonic, but when I got it I do remember being a bit disappointed that the LX3 returned to a 4:3 sensor.

Although I'm sure other users enjoy 4:3 and 1:1 on the LX3, I used it purely in 16:9 with the express purpose of eventually displaying photos on 4K UHDTV at 3840x2160.  The resolution is more than sufficient and even as I've added a Nikon D700 I still crop to 16:9 for the same purpose.  The fact that the LX2 produced this resolution natively and with a lens optimized for that aspect ratio was indeed quite forward looking in retrospect.

fPrime's gear list:fPrime's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow