Any mft's shooters thinking of jumping ship for FF nex

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
David Kieltyka
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,434Gear list
Like?
Nah, no interest
In reply to optic67, Jul 22, 2013

I spent a couple minutes some days ago thinking about the lenses I'd want to use with a 35mm-format NEX. A very wide...21 or 24mm. A moderate wide/normal like 35 or 40mm. (Love the Pany 20mm on m43 and the Leitz 40mm on Leica M.) Maybe a fast 50mm if it were a really good one. An 85/90mm for people pics & greater reach. Nothing longer than 135mm due to size & weight. No zooms...good ones would be too bulky & heavy on an NEX camera, while smaller & lighter ones would be too slow to take proper advantage of the larger format's strengths. Given Sony's track record, though, I suspect we'd be more likely to get those slow zooms than the high-IQ fast primes I'd want.

Then I thought about my OM-D5 and the 12/20/45/75mm lenses I've become so fond of over the past four months. Am I lacking anything a "full frame" NEX could provide? Especially considering the super-fast Voigtlanders? And the fact that I don't print anything wider or taller than 18"?

Nope. So pppfffttt...forget the Sony.

-Dave-

David Kieltyka's gear list:David Kieltyka's gear list
Leica M8.2 Pentax 645D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
sizeNew
No.New
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow