n057
Senior MemberPosts: 2,678Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Nikon CCD really better?
In reply to Stacey_K, 9 months ago

Stacey_K wrote:

n057 wrote:

Stacey_K wrote:

In that size image, it looks fine. Any NR done or?

I guess what I was saying was, if I was going out to shoot in low light and had to choose between my D200 and my D7000, I would use the D7K. I don't think anyone would argue the D7000 is cleaner at high ISO.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Yes, at ISO 3200 it begs for noise reduction and it got it. I also had to sharpen and anjust the curves. The lens was the 70-300 at f/4.8, 1/10s

When the D7000 was announced, I thought it would be the answer to my prayers. I borrowed one and I did try it in that type of environment. It would not focus because there was not enough light ... Sure it would be cleaner but OOF.

I think later copies or firmware must have fixed this? Mine has no issues with AF when setup right. And the default "point and shoot" AF settings are horrible!

-- hide signature --

Stacey

I did not give it a second look. My mind is pretty set that the next body I get will be a true D300s follow-up and DX only.

JC
Some cameras, some lenses, some computers

n057's gear list:n057's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon D200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow