Any mft's shooters thinking of jumping ship for FF nex

Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mark B UK
Contributing MemberPosts: 943Gear list
Like?
Re: Any mft's shooters thinking of jumping ship for FF nex
In reply to optic67, Jul 22, 2013

I doubt they could makespecially, more so, the lenses) small enough and light enough to replace my m43, but I could be tempted to get it as an additional system. If it combines the high resolution/high DR/low noisethat Sony's FF sensors are capable of (I'd prefer around 24MP and the best DR and noise to 36 and compromises in other areas) with a large, high-resolution EVF, five-axis IS (ideally auto detect for panning) and Canon-style hybrid AF across the whole frame, I think it will be a very attractive combination.

The big unknown, as others have said, is whether the compact lenses made possible by having no mirror box will create problems in the corners of the frame. It would take a breakthrough in sensor design, I think, or very clever lens design.

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
sizeNew
No.New
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow