PIX 2015

Pentax as first DSLR?

Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 2,386Gear list
Re: From Oly experiences ....
In reply to vjk2, Jul 22, 2013

vjk2 wrote:

Eh, my favorite thing with the Pentax (coming from Olympus DSLR) is how there is a mode that lets you set the aperture and the shutter speed manually, while the camera automatically sets the iso.

Don't know if the Canon has this, but it is a *very* big deal for me.

You're quite right - maybe I'm wrong but I haven't heard about that feature on other cams. The more you use Pentax the more you realise how much innovation has gone into the design. No fanfares or great announcements but steady improvements & even more so now that Ricoh have control of the purse strings.

I felt fortunate to have been able to offload my 4/3 HG & SHG lenses for very decent money a couple of years ago - that was after I bought a K5, 15 Ltd, 16-50, and 50-135, and after long side by side testing proved to myself that in real life use the ZD lenses had no real advantage over the Pentax equivalents.  Eg Corner sharpness is not the be all & end all for my uses! In fact in most instances I could achieve better IQ using the Pentax. That's before we start on about noise, high ISO, DR etc ....!

-- hide signature --

Kind regards

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow