Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baltimorecaesar
Regular MemberPosts: 274
Like?
Something needs to change.
Jul 22, 2013

I just placed 18th in a photo challenge that ended over the weekend; and while I certainly wasn't expecting to win (considering this was the first time I ever entered one of my photos in any sort of competition), I thought that I at least had a good shot of placing somewhere in the top 10. That unfortunately was not the case, and I suspect it had something to do with people voting negatively. Seeing the comments that were posted to the challenge after the results were released only solidified my suspicion. Of all entries that placed 18th or higher, all but one had more than three 0.5 votes, most having four or five. There is something inherently wrong with the challenge voting system.

Here are my suggestions:
1. Get rid of the 5-star voting system.
2. For every 10 entries in a challenge (rounded-up), you get one vote added to your "bank" of votes you can use for that challenge.
3. You still cannot vote for yourself, but you get an extra vote for each entry you submit for that challenge.
4. You can use all of your votes for a single entry, or spread them out to vote for multiple entries.

5. Remove multiple accounts logged to the same IP address.

For example: If a challenge has 57 entries, one of them being an image you submitted, you would get 7 votes added to your "bank" of votes you can use for that challenge. Six for the total number of entries (57 rounds up to 60, divided by 10), plus one because you submitted a single entry. You can then apply all 7 votes to a single entry you REALLY like, or spread them out between your favorite couple, or just give a single vote to your 7 favorite.

What are your thoughts? Hopefully this site will change the voting system to something more fair, because I certainly don't see the point in participating anymore with the way it is currently set up.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow