Started Jul 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,089Gear list
Like?
Re: Any mft's shooters thinking of jumping ship for FF nex
In reply to optic67, Jul 22, 2013

forest3 wrote:

With possible rumoured release of FF nex , anyone out there considering jumping ship for what maybe a smaller compact FF system with all the benefits of superior sensor , although i imagine it will be costly . Mft could come under more pressure if smaller FF systems come onto the market ,there have been rumours of such from fuji and pentax . we can all see what can be done with RX1 although not interchangeable yet .

If I wanted to carry around full frame sized lenses, I would probably get a FF DSLR body which handles their weight and size better.....Having used the largest M43 lenses on the smallest M43 bodies, I can tell you that, while possible, that level of size disparity between body and lens is a bit awkward.

Unless Sony decides to use some of the intrinsic software corrections that Oly and Panasonic have implemented in their lens design in order to create the very small lenses of M43, then they will still have the big lens/small body problem, and I would not be interested. If they DO manage to go that route, then it might be a very interesting system, albeit pricey.

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
sizeNew
No.New
NoNew
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow