D800E vs. 5D3: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?

Started Jul 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,500Gear list
Like?
Re: D800E vs. 5D3: Diminishing Returns or Reversal of Returns?
In reply to Rick Knepper, Jul 22, 2013

Rick Knepper wrote:

Yes sir I can explain. This was mentioned in the OP of first D800E vs 5D3 post and referenced by link in the OP of this post.

7.) The EXIF of the 5D mk III image will show f2. The adapter used won’t report actual aperture. You can rest assured this image was made at f8.

Rick, I thought you used two separate Zeiss lenses, one ZE mount for Canon and one ZF mount for Nikon without realizing you used the Zeiss ZF mount thru an adapter on 5DIII (makes lots more sense financially).  However is possible that ZF mount is not optimized for Canon?  I am not sure thru adapter if it is the same as by using native ZE mount except no AF/AE without any loss in optical quality?

pixd90 wrote:

Can you please explain why 2 different f/stops were used. Exif shows f2 for canon and f8 for Nikon

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. TJ said, "Every generation needs a new revolution".

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow