Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 14,945
Like?
diffrent
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Jul 22, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

Mako, you're not being fair here. Nikon makes a mistake or has a bone headed policy and "that's the reality of dealing with humans". OP asks for confirmation in writing not realising the implications of doing so and it's all his fault.

Never once did I say it was all his fault (other thread). Only explained what happened from a diffrent perpective.

Bottom line is Nikon has had multiple opportunities to fix a faulty camera and has given this user the run around.

OP, in the other thread, has a new camera. Not sure he didn't give Nikon a bit of run around as well. People are people and get different reaction sometimes. OP in this thread, cerberusjf, is not speaking regards NIKON USA so I can only say his situation is somewhat different.

All you do buy defending them in this manner is kick this user when he's down, and send a clear signal that there are users willing to put up with service, which if as described, is shoddy and possibly breaks consumer law. Worse you're encouraging others to put up with this. You know what happens if we do collectively? Quality goes down.

You're really reaching there. Taking my words out of context and adding your own subjective meaning to them.

In the worst case scenario it continues to deteriorate until warranty is worthless and people put off buying gear because it's a gamble as to whether or not it works well. It is in NO ONE'S best interest - least of all Nikon - to put up with such a reputation....and the longer this nonsense goes the less chance they have to actually fix the issue.

Truth is not at your extreme or the other. In the middle some place

Put simply you are defending indefensible behaviour.

Again, your seeing defense where none exists.

If it were me I'd be insisting on a full refund at this point (probably from the retailer but I'm not familiar with the intricacies of US consumer law).

Would most likely not happen. The retailer is under no responsibility (US) to meet your request. Pointless to demand for something that you might be used to getting in another country. For cerberusjf, that might have been an option

Assuming the OP's description is accurate Nikon appear in this particular case to be unable or unwilling to provide goods that are fit for purpose.

Assuming.....  Also don't forget there are nuances to dealing with independent subsidiaries so when one says Nikon...they may not be talking about the same thing. For example, dealing with Nikon Japan can be a very different experience.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow