ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
greenwillow
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
hx20v vs hx50v- macro?
Jul 22, 2013

HI,

It's great to find this forum. In reviewing and looking into compact camera options, I think I have now narrowed it down to the Sony hx20v or hx50v. Most of my photos are wildlife, landscape, and macro shots of flowers, insects, etc.

Of course the newer model (hx50v) has some improvements from last year's model, some of which are very appealing. However, the hx50v model can only focus to a minimum distance of 5cm, which is quite different than the capacity of the hx20v which focuses to a minimum of 1cm. With extreme close-ups I don't want to be struggling with focusing, and I'm interested in intricate details.

I've seen some amazing macro photos on this forum with the hx20v: http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/830917128/photos/2171803/disco-fly

Any thoughts regarding the macro capacity of these two cameras? Or for people who have owned both cameras, any others considerations (advantages/disadvantages) you have experienced with either camera?

Thank you!

Maija

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow