Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,529Gear list
Like?
Re: far from
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Jul 22, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

Mako, you're not being fair here. Nikon makes a mistake or has a bone headed policy and "that's the reality of dealing with humans". OP asks for confirmation in writing not realising the implications of doing so and it's all his fault.

Bottom line is Nikon has had multiple opportunities to fix a faulty camera and has given this user the run around. All you do buy defending them in this manner is kick this user when he's down, and send a clear signal that there are users willing to put up with service, which if as described, is shoddy and possibly breaks consumer law. Worse you're encouraging others to put up with this. You know what happens if we do collectively? Quality goes down. In the worst case scenario it continues to deteriorate until warranty is worthless and people put off buying gear because it's a gamble as to whether or not it works well. It is in NO ONE'S best interest - least of all Nikon - to put up with such a reputation....and the longer this nonsense goes the less chance they have to actually fix the issue. Put simply you are defending indefensible behaviour.

Bottom line is, Sammy, that you can blame if you want Nikon for not being able to do a repair. That is their job and they don't seem to do it very well in the OP's case. Then Again - Nikon is not responsable to OP for the repair - they are responsable to the reseller, and he is responsable to the OP . It is the resellers job to find someone that can do the repair in a prober way - Nikon or not Nikon -  or to replace or refund.

And you can't blame Nikon for not doing a replace or a refund. Thats what the OP did. That is not Nikons job, anywhere not where the OP comes from. This blame is to put on the reseller.

So doing what WEX (the reseller) did to the OP by sending him directly to Nikon is wrong and is to blame. WEX is responsable to both the camera issue to be solved and/or to replacing or refunding. Solving the OP's problem has nothing to do with Nikon. WEX is trying to split a responsability, which they can't.

If WEX have an agrement with Nikon (as I think) it is their problem and their right to blame Nikon.

Going on blaming Nikon in this case can be very fun indeed, but not very right.

If it were me I'd be insisting on a full refund at this point (probably from the retailer but I'm not familiar with the intricacies of US consumer law). Assuming the OP's description is accurate Nikon appear in this particular case to be unable or unwilling to provide goods that are fit for purpose.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

BirgerH

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow