Started Jun 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,413Gear list
Like?
Re: Match exposure and cropping and you cannot see much difference
In reply to Cytokine, Jul 22, 2013

Cytokine wrote:

John,

The D200 seems to have a more linear response, from light to dark, a property of CCD's that Nikon calls fine colour gradation. There is a washed out look in the D7xxx series, that I have commented on before,  I was told it is wider dynamic range!!!

I can see that you didn't look at these images in processing software.

Had you done that you would have seen that the D7100 was simply over-exposed by 0.3EV.

Match exposure and cropping in PP and there is no way to determine which camera is which, unless you realise that the D200 shows slightly (and I mean slightly) more detail in the vein structure of the petals.

A sensor has everything to do with colour, otherwise we would just have pixels that were either on or off. it is the subtle variations of light behind the colour filter that it must record in relation to other pixels.

The Bayer or X-Trans/demosaiced sensor (all digital cameras except Foveon)  is totally colour blind; it's a monochrome device.

If you had said "A sensor has everything to do with contrast" I would have been able to agree with you.

It's possible that CCDs produce different results to CMOS, but no shots shown so far have demonstrated that.

The digital camera, is like any other computer, Rubbish in= Rubbish out.

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow