Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
SubPrime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,238
Like?
Re: Canon’s Testing a 75MP+ Pro DSLR
In reply to meland, Jul 22, 2013

meland wrote:

wazu wrote:

my guess would be the 47mp is FF and the 75mp is MF (pixel pitch would be the same)

-- hide signature --

There is a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen

The chance of MF (Medium Format) from Canon is so small that I think you can discount it. It would require a new series of MF lenses and for a market that is quite small anyway the business case doesn't make sense.

I agree. In fact, I think the real push from Canon is going to be in the mirror-less products, catering to pros. I was watching an instructional video from Yervant Zanazanian.  He showed of his camera kit (1DX, 5DIII and EOS M) and praised the EOS M for it's simplicity and joy to use.

The interesting past was that he claimed he had inside knowledge that the major camera manufacturers will be releasing some serious mirror-less cameras in the coming years and that he believed it was the way things would head into the future. He also said that the camera companies are trying to keep this  quiet because they still want to maximize profits from sales of DSLRs in the mean time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Ah!New
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow