Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,416Gear list
Like?
Re: far from
In reply to Mako2011, Jul 22, 2013

Mako, you're not being fair here. Nikon makes a mistake or has a bone headed policy and "that's the reality of dealing with humans". OP asks for confirmation in writing not realising the implications of doing so and it's all his fault.

Bottom line is Nikon has had multiple opportunities to fix a faulty camera and has given this user the run around. All you do buy defending them in this manner is kick this user when he's down, and send a clear signal that there are users willing to put up with service, which if as described, is shoddy and possibly breaks consumer law. Worse you're encouraging others to put up with this. You know what happens if we do collectively? Quality goes down. In the worst case scenario it continues to deteriorate until warranty is worthless and people put off buying gear because it's a gamble as to whether or not it works well. It is in NO ONE'S best interest - least of all Nikon - to put up with such a reputation....and the longer this nonsense goes the less chance they have to actually fix the issue. Put simply you are defending indefensible behaviour.

If it were me I'd be insisting on a full refund at this point (probably from the retailer but I'm not familiar with the intricacies of US consumer law). Assuming the OP's description is accurate Nikon appear in this particular case to be unable or unwilling to provide goods that are fit for purpose.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow