Started Jul 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,030Gear list
Like?
Re: D5 was a ISO 1600 camera
In reply to kikivrany, Jul 22, 2013

kikivrany wrote:

Hello

I think in all the comparison of a old camera like the 5D and the new ones, whe should not forget to mentioned that since that days the high ISO's went in usable higher regions. I mean I even have not to use any noise reduction at ISO 1600 with a modern camera like for example the K5.

That opens for a hobby photographer a lot new possibilities.

Also the dynamic range get higher at higher ISO's in the new cameras, so that you can use for example with a K5 ISO 1600 in a high dynamic daylight scene.

best regards kikivrany

-- hide signature --

carpe noctem

I agree it makes little sense for a newcomer to the world of digital photography to embark on a journey with outdated technology, even if that technology will undoubtedly bring outstanding results in the hands of an experienced user.  The high ISO and noise control of the K5 or K30 provides way more freedom to choose one's subjects and not feel restricted. Not to mention such features as Focus Peaking On the K30.

The same issues apply to Oly 4/3 cameras, which despite their outstanding lenses, suffer from limited high ISO performance, excess noise, limited DR, and an outdated sensor. Which is why I moved to Pentax.

The 5D has a certain appeal but only as a second, small system

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
britcam

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow