Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,321Gear list
Like?
Re: You seem determined not to be reasonable.
In reply to cerberusjf, Jul 22, 2013

cerberusjf wrote:

it would void Nikon's warranty. Why would I try to do it myself and void the warranty when Nikon should do it under warranty?

NOWHERE did I suggest adjusting the autofocus yourself.

What I said included "If the camera does front focus it should do so with every lens at every zoom setting, and it is a simple adjustment, unless the camera has been damaged and the lens bayonet or mirror box are out of alignment, to put the camera right."

As the camera seems to have gone back to Nikon service it would be a simple matter for Nikon to check focus accuracy - as they normally do as part of any warranty work, and always do as part of a service.

On a detail if you check your camera instructions Nikon advise having the camera serviced every 2 years, or every year if heavily used. Most car owners have it serviced every year to ensure it continues to work in good condition.

Back to UK and EU law if a fault develops within 6 months of buying a new camera the retailer if asked normally has to provide a replacement or a refund. How the retailer sorts out the problem with a manufacturer then ceases to be the customers problem.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge as to how to get the best out of modern and often complex camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow