Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,094Gear list
Like?
Re: Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2
In reply to cerberusjf, Jul 21, 2013

cerberusjf wrote:

Cope wrote:

The OP in the original thread lives in the US, so citing UK an European law doesn't make much difference. He would have gotten his new camera sooner if he hadn't demanded something in writing that Nikon doesn't offer.

-- hide signature --

Never ask a man where he's from. If he is from Texas, he'll tell you. Otherwise, don't embarrass him.

My response was to BirgerH, who lives in the EU, like me, so we were discussing EU law. The reason for my response was because BirgerH thought I should blame the vendor for not offering a refund or replacement instead of Nikon for not repairing the camera over and over.

And I still do.

I thought you should blame the vendor for letting Nikon repair it over and over without fixing it - instead of replacing it.

Remember - the repair is too the vendors responsability related to the customer- no matter who they want to do the repair - it could be the butcher down the corner, if the vendor likes.

You did blame Nikon for that - and it is not Nikons responsability (to replace). Nikon repairs - good or bad - the vendor do the replacing if it has to be done.

I know, and just shown in what you written, that some vendors like to let people think, that manufactory-guarantees is taking over the vendors warranty, and would like customers to deal directly with the manufactorer. But doing so will complicate cases - just what it did to yours. And put the "blame" in the wrong direction. Very convenient to the vendor.

To me - it is your vendor having customer hostillity (as some has called it in the other thread) by not replacing - and not Nikon.

And I know - I've been in that buissiness - as vendor - not photography but office machines.

Then back to US - seems like over there it is the manufactorer having the responsability to a deal between a customer and a vendor. Strange to me - but if they like it that way - then ok.

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow