Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2

Started Jul 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Leonard Shepherd
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,745Gear list
Like?
Re: Warning - Nikon REFUSES to replace equipment they cannot fix, even if under warranty part 2
In reply to cerberusjf, Jul 21, 2013

I have not read the earlier thread so my comments are somewhat general.

If the camera does front focus it should do so with every lens at every zoom setting, and it is a simple adjustment, unless the camera has been damaged and the lens bayonet or mirror box are out of alignment, to put the camera right.

With no pictures I can look at the only comment I can make is tracking complaints about the D800 on this forum; of those posting images 146 out of 146 able to afford a D800 seemed not know how to test to a basic standard

I am not saying your camera was good or had a fault - just that adjusting for general front focus is a simple.

Assuming you bought from a UK retailer in the UK (this is not automatic buying via Amazon) if a fault develops with a new camera within 6 months you are generally entitled to a replacement or refund (your choice) from the retailer - under UK law.

Where things get difficult is - is there an agreed fault? I take it Nikon take the view when used in accordance with the camera instructions (which some ignore) the camera AF is accurate. Links to small jpegs showing the AF point selected should help determine if the test subjects are ones where AF should work to a good standard.

Edit - this crossed with the later post.

EU law is applicable in the UK. Assuming a UK purchase from a UK company and a fault within 6 months the retailer should make a replacement or refund.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge as to how to get the best out of modern and often complex camera equipment.

Leonard Shepherd's gear list:Leonard Shepherd's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow